[mythtv-users] Minor scheduling issue related to tuners

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 15:10:21 UTC 2006

Currently I have 3 tuners for my mythtv setup - a PVR 500 & a Air2PC
HD5000.  The PVR-500 is hooked up to a digital cable box for one input and
analog cable for the other input.  I've been recording several shows in HD
on the HD5000, and been enjoying the supreme quality.  Now the minor issue
coming up is that starting this upcoming week, LOST & House come up at the
same time in HD.

I do have a firewire output available on this cable box.  Through this
input, I can receive any analog channels as well as any HD broadcast
channels, but nothing digital elsewise.  I'm reluctant to set it up as a
recording source to record these HD stations in case for some reason the
"digital cable input" of the PVR500 and the firewire output of the cable box
end up running into something they both want to record at the same time.

Could someone think of some means to merge these together - perhaps when the
cable box's firewire output is active, the input to the PVR500 for digital
cable gets disabled?  Or vice-versa?

Thanks,

Mario