[mythtv-users] Streaming Sirius through MythTV?

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 01:09:03 UTC 2006

Wow...  It's funny that you bring this up.  I was thinking the same exact
thing yesterday!!!

I have a feeling, that it's going to be difficult.  If I remember correctly,
it required Windows Media Player to play the stream.  To my knowledge,
there's nothing that you can do for this on linux.  If there is, then maybe
you have a chance, but since I don't think there is, then we might be out of
luck.

Good Luck!

On 9/27/06, Eric Holt <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:

> Hey folks.  Got a question.  I did a search, but didnt find too much
> relevent information, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask.  Has anyone
> figured out how to stream Sirius satellite radio's web feed through
> MythTV?  I know the quality is only 64kbps, but hey its something.  I
> have Sirius in my car, and I love it -- and I often listen to the online
> stream here at my desktop when I'm working...  but I'd love to be able
> to stream it from my myth box.  I had found a python script on the
> Sirius backstage forums that someone had written, but its since been
> left to wither and no longer works due to some change that Sirius made
> with the login features of their website or something.
>
> So, has anyone gotten anything like this working?
>

> Thanks!
>    --Eric

View my blog!
http://wiz561.blogspot.com/