[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Thu Sep 28 00:51:39 UTC 2006

I haven't been following this whole thread so apologies if this has already been
covered.  Have you tried using 'Seperate video modes for GUI and TV playback' to
set your resolution to roughly match the resolution of the recording?  I was
using a 1080i modeline all the time and I was seeing high cpu (60%) whenever I
would play a 480p show.  If I switch my resolution to a 720x480p modeline when
playing a 720x480p show I only use about 10% of the cpu.

Daniel