[mythtv-users] Can I restart the Backend from the Frontend?

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Tue Sep 26 23:11:35 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I'd like to be able to restart Mythbackend (on a separate box) from the
frontend. Presumably, I can add a menu item to invoke a script that will
use rcmd/ssh to log in to the backend and restart mythbackend.

Has anyone else done this? Any hints?

I'm trying to get around the situation where the frontend crashes (a whole
separate topic) while watching LiveTV, but the backend doesn't realise the
frontend's gone away, so just carries on watching LiveTV. If I restart the
frontend, I get a "tuners are in use" type message on trying to watch tv.

Cheers,

Jon