[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Sep 26 14:48:03 UTC 2006

> How about a new processor? A 2500 sempron can be had for $50 US and
> most likely will work in your mobo as long as you have an option for a
> 333 or (166) MHz front side bus. BTW, on ebay you probably can get
> this one for 1/2 the price...
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104204
>
> John

Answering a couple posts here...

I have looked into this, but haven't taken that step. If I knew that it
would fix my problems I would definitely do it. My motherboard is a
K7SEM.

I have already split the frontend to a standalone frontend, same thing.

I'll try some of the suggested settings and see what happens.

Thanks,
James