[mythtv-users] Backup to tape options? Experiences with what works sought

Phil Foxton phil at thefoxtons.org.uk
Tue Sep 26 08:05:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 08:58 +0100, Robin Hill wrote:
> On Mon Sep 25, 2006 at 05:47:16PM -0400, list at onnow.net wrote:
>
> > I am wanting to get a backup solution suitable for the 400-500 gigs of
<SNIP>
> I use bacula (www.bacula.org) to backup my systems over the network to a
> DLT library.
<SNIP>

For 4-500G surely a disk backup system would be preferable?  Putting
together a NAS box with a couple or 3 250/300G HDD would be a lot
cheaper (and in my experience more reliable)than buying a DLT or AIT
drive and a bunch of tapes.  I would then just use Amanda and miss out
the step of dumping it to tape, this would also be so much quicker in
the event of failure.

Maybe something like this would be what you should look at?

http://trueentropy.linuxbloggers.com/console/admin/entry/entryedit.cfm?BID=311771055

Phil
Phil Foxton <phil at thefoxtons.org.uk>