[mythtv-users] Playing avi files

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Mon Sep 25 22:46:33 UTC 2006

I have a collection of .avi files which are basically my DVD collection
ripped to my hard drive with FairUse and into xvid format. On my myth
box, I can run "mplayer -vo xv /data/dvds/movie.avi and it comes up and
plays. However, if I go into MythTV -> Media Library -> Watch Videos and
browse to the movie, it won't play them... though it will play iso's and
vob's that I ripped with MythTV (which supposedly went to xvid format).
Am I missing something???

BTW: I'm running .20 installed via ATRPMS from the guide at
http://wilsonet.com...