[mythtv-users] Neebie Help Please!! Mandriva 2006 mysqld and mysql neither working

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Mon Sep 25 14:08:40 UTC 2006

I have been trying to deal with problems that I am having with MySQL on
Mandriva 2006. I am using MySQL for Mythtv. After installing and
uninstalling various versions of MySQL trying to make things work I now
have version 4 installed. 40-4.0.26-1 to be exact. I've installed MySQL,
MySQL-client, and MySQL common. Now I believe that I have a mess because
in services there is a listing for mysql and mysqld. Neither of them seem
to want to start or stop cleanly and show up as [FAILED] in MCC services.
How do I clean things up so that I can start the server and connect to it?
Note if you didn't figure it out I am definitely a newbee to this stuff,
but I was albe to make things work on my previous installation of Mythtv.
If anyone has some pointers I would sure appreciate it. I am at a
standstill.

Thx!
Scott