[mythtv-users] HD Homerun and mythtv?

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 15:56:45 UTC 2006

On 9/23/06, William Munson <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a hdhomerun box for OTA signals here in the
> usa. Is anyone successfully using one of these with 0.20? How does the
> box perform in weak signal or multipath situations? I am unfortunately
> about 60 miles from the nearest tv transmitter and am not willing to pay
> for cable tv just to get the locals. (They do not pass the sidebands in
> standard analog cable and want me to buy their settop box for hd.
>
> TIA,
> Bill

AFAIK the HD Homerun isn't out yet.. (I have ordered one from 9th
tee).  Jafa who is the main developer is on the list (I think) and may
be able to give you some more information on the reception.  Not that
it matters... but I live about 25 miles from my towers and have some
rolling hills and my antenna pointed directly into tree's and get
decent signals.  But 25 miles isn't 60 miles.  My QAM setup is all
messed up so I just switched all my tuners set on OTA now.

I'm really excited about the HD Homerun, I think it is a very cool
implementation.  I just home it works as Advertised, and that a QAM
enabled firmware ships with it, or doesn't take long to become
available.