[mythtv-users] Nuvexport / ffmpeg / Floating point exception

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Sep 21 23:54:30 UTC 2006

> I'm having the same floating point exception, and all my packages are
> from ATrpms.

Please also read the debug howto in the nuvexport trac wiki (I really
need to put this in the mythtv wiki soon).

> So am I correct; to fix this I'll need to un-yum all my ffmpeg files,
> rpmbuild the source ffmpeg and then install those rpm's from wherever
> they end up on my filesystem?  I'm a little concerned about Wades
> comments about any conflicts with libavcodec, libavutil &
> libavformat.

That might be the solution.  libavutil, etc are *part* of ffmpeg; I just
choose to package them together rather than separately, since my package
is based on the freshrpms one instead of atrpms (the freshrpms cvs
package worked best for me for ipod video encodes).

> Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a simpler solution
> (and I don't mean Chris changes nuvexport to work with atrpms
> packages or vice-versa!).

My changing nuvexport likely wouldn't help -- it's probably just a bug
in ffmpeg.  The cvs version used by *all* of the repos is really really old.

-Chris