[mythtv-users] How to map UK terrestrial channels?

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 09:22:55 UTC 2006

On 18/09/06, Neil Sedger <mythtv-users at moley.org.uk> wrote:
> Whats the quickest way to map/setup UK channels?
>
> If I do a scan it finds the 5 channels but they have no names and no XMLTV IDs.
> How do I know which channel is which just from their frequency number?
> Is there somewhere I can see a preview of the channel running and guess which channel it is?
> Or is there something on the radio times XML feed that will help do the mapping?

The easiest way is probably to just watch the channels in Live TV
mode.  You can then use the channel editor in mythweb to enter the
correct names and xmltv ids.

Alternatively, if you really wanted to, it should be possible to just
look up the frequencies here ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/tv_trans/index.shtml

Cheers,
Alex