[mythtv-users] How to map UK terrestrial channels?

Neil Sedger mythtv-users at moley.org.uk
Mon Sep 18 05:18:01 UTC 2006

Whats the quickest way to map/setup UK channels?

If I do a scan it finds the 5 channels but they have no names and no XMLTV IDs.
How do I know which channel is which just from their frequency number?
Is there somewhere I can see a preview of the channel running and guess which channel it is?
Or is there something on the radio times XML feed that will help do the mapping?

I tried using "Fetch channels from listings source" - this worked but whilst the resulting channels have the correct names they don't have any frequency information filled in.

Cheers
Neil