[mythtv-users] dvb-c card fails to tune 1 out of 3 times

Peter Schram mail at peterschram.nl
Sun Sep 17 11:44:42 UTC 2006

I'm using a dvb-c card of type KNC-one with the Cineview Module and
Alphacrypt CAM. (driver is budget-av with tda10021 frontend) The drivers
work ok and I get picture and sound. However MythTV 0.19 sometimes fails
to tune. This is roughly 1 in 3 times. This makes the system quite
unusable, because I have to tell the wife she can't watch 1 in 3 shows
she records because of Myth. :-( WAF-level is nearing freezing
temperatures pretty rapidly.

The zap-program which is provided with dvb-apps does the tuning without
problem 100% of the times.

This makes me wonder about two things:

1) How can I track the problem and see what is exactly causing the
failed tuning.

2) Can I make an external tuning-script and have mythTV always get the
stream from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0?

This because I can tell the zap-program to redirect the mpeg-stream to
this device (a file is also possible), which can then be picked up by
Myth.