[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging and generating cutlist

Zach White zwhite-mythtv at darkstar.frop.org
Sat Sep 16 17:57:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:42:26AM -0700, datheh erygre wrote:
> Hi,
>  got some issues with remopving commercials from my Myth recordings.I downloaded the removecommercial script from HOWTO and saved that in /etc/cron.daily/

One more quick point. You don't need to use this unless you want the
commercials actually out of the recording, because you plan to archive
the video and/or play it outside of mythtv.

If you are only going to watch from within mythtv, using that script will
be more work than you need to go through. Instead just flag commercials
and set mythfrontend to automatically skip flagged commercials.

-Zach