[mythtv-users] Higer load in .20

Curtis Porter cdp at curtisporter.com
Thu Sep 14 13:54:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 10:45 -0400, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> 	This is a bit disturbing.  I have been able to run mythtv on no
> more than a PIII-733 or 866 since I started playing with it almost 3 years
> ago.  Is this just the OpenGL gui that sucks so much cpu?  It seems a bit
> excessive to require 2GHz machine for SDTV...

Yesterday after upgrading to .20 I noticed high loads on my 800 MHz
Athlon frontend until I turned off "Deinterlace playback".  I already
had nvidia's proprietary drivers working.  Now the CPU usage is down to
roughly 70-80% while watching recordings or LiveTV.  Unfortunately I am
not sure if that's the level it was at before the upgrade.  It's a slow
machine though, and it is working.

Curtis