[mythtv-users] Feature Wishlist:MythMusic

Mark Hetherington redcane at redcane.homelinux.org
Sat Sep 2 07:15:01 UTC 2006

Hi All,
	I understand the mythmusic interface is being reworked as part of the google
Summer Of Code project. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes because I
think this is something that could be greatly improved.

One feature I have thought of recently (especially for my own house media set
up), is distributed audio. Basically a way to have all myth machines play the
same audio stream, and all control the same playlist.

I was thinking of writing a new module for Mythtv to interface with an icecast
server or something like that. Even just allowing any mythbox to stream what
it's currently playing and having an option in myth music to listen to
streams would be good.

My plan is to set up touch screen pcs around the house to run entertainment,
and mythtv seems like it's great for this, being able to run videos and Tv on
the network. Mythmusic support for playing the same audio all through out the
house for parties and so on would be a "home run" in my book!

Mark