[mythtv-users] Disabling Recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Sep 1 18:28:12 UTC 2006

* On Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 01:22:36PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Michael MacLeod wrote:
> > My cable is going to go down for about 24 hours later this evening.
> > What's the best way to temporarily disable recording of programs while
> > the cable is down?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Can_I_temporarily_keep_MythTV_from_attempting_to_record_my_scheduled_programs.3F

Teach a man to fish.....  :)

Glad to see on that page that they mention the precautions about using
--nosched.  It's still on my todo to go fix that so it's more usable.
I use --nosched on my dev box to keep from firing off recordings while I'm
trying to test other features, but occasionally have to run without --nosched
to test other features so I need to finish the feature.  Originally I think
I had it undocumented.

--
Chris