No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

I can't get it to work. I'm fairly good at Linux for server
configurations but not much for desktop things such as audio/video. So
I don't know where to start for troubleshooting.

These are some outputs from commands:

# arecord -l

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH5]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC ADC [Intel ICH5 - MIC ADC]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 2: Intel ICH - MIC2 ADC [Intel ICH5
- MIC2 ADC]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 3: Intel ICH - ADC2 [Intel ICH5 - ADC2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

This shows my onboard audio as the only audio device. My tuner should
be listed. That's the main problem.

# lspci -v

0000:01:01.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors
SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Compro Technology, Inc. VideoMate TV
        Memory at ffcee800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]

That is my tuner.

If I need to do some configurations/compiling of a driver or the
kernel I'll need step by steps because I've never done it before.

These links have helped a bit for configuration. I've done what they
did but with no success:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Compro_VideoMate_TV_Gold_Plus
I use:
modprobe saa7134 card=41 tuner=17
http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Compro_VideoMate_TV_Gold-Plus
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_saa7134

I'm currently using the newest version of KnoppMyth and MythTV. But I
also had this problem using the newest version of Debian (which
Knoppix is based on so that was to be expected).

Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--

Andy Osborn