No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

   1. My TV has a vga connector on the back, should I go VGA -> VGA or
   should I buy a card that supports TV-Out and use the Svideo inputs?  I've
   read conflicting information that says both are better.

   2. Should I go with a GEForce card?  The research I've done seems to
   indicate that powerstrip/linux/mythtv work well with the GEForce cards.

   3. What type of GEForce card should I purchase; I've been looking at
   the GEForce 7300 or the GEForce 7600GS.  My CPU is a 1.8Ghz AMD
   Sempron so I'm assuming I need a beefy video card.

   4. Based on http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php the Nvidia driver
   does not support 1080i so I'm thinking I need a card that does 720p (which I
   read is superior anyway).  If anyone is using a card that supports 720p in a
   mythtv box please let me know the model.

Thanks!

-Nik-

------=_Part_9582_19574184.1162494989885

Hello,<br><br>I have a question about what type of video card to purchase in order to HDTV enable my Mythtv Box.&nbsp; My existing mythtv Box has a PVR350 but I just purchased a TV that supports HDTV (720p and 1080i) and I can pull the video though firewire from a&nbsp; Scientific Atlanta 3250HD cable box; I've tested it and it works great.

------=_Part_9582_19574184.1162494989885--