[mythtv-users] MythStream woes...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 31 05:10:17 UTC 2006

On 10/28/06 12:30, Steven Adeff wrote:

>I finally got it installed, and it looks to run fine. EXCEPT... I
>can't figure out how to add my own "Storage Repository", nor can I add
>a stream to one of the existing "Storage Repository"'s. When I click
>add it just sits there, no stream is added.
>
>anyone have any idea how to do either of these things?

An idea, but it's been a long time.  The UI (User Interface) is not very
UI (User-Intuitive), IIRC.  (This doesn't mean I have any ideas for how
to make it better--just that it took me a while to figure out.)

OK, let me go look and see...

In the Internet Radio Settings, you go to Storages.  Because it's a
"complex" UI compared to most of Myth, the normal keys won't let you do
everything.  I think you have to hit Tab (at least, I couldn't find
another key that worked) to get to the button to create a new storage (I
/highly/ recommend DB storage).  Space selects the button (but Enter
won't).  At this point you're moved over to the right of the screen
where you can type in the info about the new storage.

For adding streams, it's completely opposite.  Instead of hitting a
button to be allowed to enter new details, you enter new details and
then hit a button to save (or "Add") the information.  You have to be on
the folder to which you want to add the stream, then hit Tab to go to
the right of the screen, and type in the information about the new
stream and select Add to save the info.  Note that this probably won't
work if you don't first set up storage.

Basically, in the end, it turns out to be well worth the effort of using
a keyboard (even if that means "borrowing" one from another system).

Mike