[mythtv-users] MythStream woes...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 19:20:42 UTC 2006

On 10/28/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I finally got it installed, and it looks to run fine. EXCEPT... I
> > can't figure out how to add my own "Storage Repository", nor can I add
> > a stream to one of the existing "Storage Repository"'s. When I click
> > add it just sits there, no stream is added.
>
> I don't use the UI to add streams, I add entries to
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mythstream/streams.res. Here's an extract:

<snip>

Thanks Phil! I used those file to get my own Storage Rep and added
streams. Oddly enough, I can now add ones through the gui, though
requiring a keyboard makes it easier to just SSH in and edit the text
file.

only problem is now the visualizations require my CPU to run at full
speed or i get a bunch of audio skips =(  Which makes listening just
to an audio stream require way to much electricity...

As well, I wish I could turn off the spectrograph thing and use one of
the MythMusic visualizations.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!