[mythtv-users] Firewire: plugreport shows nothing

Rob Baumstark rbaumstark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:24:48 UTC 2006

I had the same problem a while back too - I'm afraid I never did fix
it.  At the time it was a FC4 system running .19, and had been stably
recording over firewire for months.  Then one day it stopped working,
and no matter what I did I couldn't even get plugreport to admit I had
a firewire device, let alone do anything useful with it.

After a lot of screwing around, I've finally decided to rebuild to
gentoo / myth .20 - it's compiling stuff right now, and sometime in
the next few days I'll be moving it from my office back to the living
room.  I did confirm that the STB is working still - plugging a
windows box into it I can still capture with CapDVHS.