[mythtv-users] Piggyback channel signal onto cable coax.

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 00:18:01 UTC 2006

Hi guys, I had recently moved my backend into the garage and started to use
remote frontends, however, I don't like the response time with these remote
frontends, actions like skip takes more than a couple secs to complete.

I want to know if it was possible to piggyback a signal (say channel 3 or 4)
onto the cable coax (like those old gaming stations) and be able to tune to
it from the TVs in the other rooms.  I don't want it to interfere with the
cable reception, just piggyback an extra channel.  I guess if this isn't
feasible, I get something like x10's video broadcasting station, but I have
had very bad luck with broadcasting since I have nearby powerlines.

Also for this setup to work, I need a remote control device that can work
through walls.

Anyways, give me some insights or product names. Thx.