[mythtv-users] 'Cancelled' programs remain in schedule.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 30 21:44:05 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06 12:20, Jon Larson wrote:

>I use mythfilldatabase --file with a custom XML file, so I know exactly
>what is being fed into the database.

Technically, you know exactly what's in the file... ;)

>The problem is that if I remove a program from the import XML list for a
>given source/XML ID (i.e. the program is 'cancelled');  it doesn't get
>removed from the program guide in Myth. It just sits there until i
>remove it manually using webmin or let it expire.
>
>The command I'm currently using to fill the program guide is this:
>
>mythfilldatabase --verbose all --file 1 -1 /path/to/my/tv.xml
>
>So I'm wondering if anyone knows what I can do to force mythtv to delete
>any programs that are no longer listed in the imported XML? Also,
>shouldn't it do this without being forced?

Without a lot more details of what you're doing, I couldn't tell you
what's happening.  What I can tell you is that mythfilldatabase deletes
all programs from the listings that match a specific source within the
time period of the data it's using to fill the databse and then it
populates that time period with the shows from the listing.

Therefore, my best guess is that you're not editing the file correctly...

What you haven't told us, though, is, "Why?"  You shouldn't need to edit
your listings.  If a program is cancelled, it doesn't appear in the
listings.  I really have no idea what you're trying to do or why it's
necessary, so I can't really tell you what you should be doing.

Mike