[mythtv-users] How to continue watching buffered show when recording starts?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 30 20:50:48 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06 11:32, Joe Votour wrote:

>If I recall the original thread details, the pause button was pressed
>while watching a show, and then after that show was over the tuner became
>unavailable (recording another show), so the current LiveTV session bombed
>out.

The words, "bombed out," and any other references to crashing,
non-functioning, ... were never used in the post (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/233462#233462 ).  If
that's what's happening, someone should (confirm and) say so.  The post,
instead, only said, "the first show is gone," which indicates a
misunderstanding as to how (0.19+) LiveTV works.

>  I see that as a logic bug in MythTV, because even though the show
>was paused, it should have continued to record,

it does

> so that the playback could
>be finished later.  Pressing the pause button (or rewind) should probably
>have automatically triggered the show to be recorded.

It's always recorded...  The only issue seems, to me, to be the lack of
understanding of how to use the LiveTV group.

Mike