[mythtv-users] Accessing MythWeb through firewall

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Mon Oct 30 10:30:18 UTC 2006

On Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 09:09:59PM +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:

> > Similar to your mod_rewrite idea, have you looked at mod_proxy?
>
> I've got ProxyPass sending the request onto my MythWeb box if the URL
> contains /mythweb like this:
>
> ProxyPass /mythweb http://xxx.edwards.home/mythweb/
>
> This works fine if I've got no authentication set, but if I've got
> MythTV setup to ask for a logon using htaccess then I get an 400
> error:
>
> Bad Request
> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> Apache/2.2.2 (Fedora) Server at xxx.edwards.home Port 80
>
> Any ideas why that would be?

You'll probably also need a ProxyPassReverse rule - this'll remap the
URLs in any response from the server, so add the following:
        ProxyPassReverse /mythweb http://xxx.edwards.home/mythweb

I'd also remove the trailing / from the your ProxyPass rule (or add it
to the first part) - not sure it makes any difference but it's always
better to be consistent.

Cheers,
        Robin
--