[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR* MCE Kit - how current is the remote control?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Oct 28 01:33:08 UTC 2006

> I am looking at the pictures of the remote control which comes with the
> MCE
> Kit:
> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr500mcekit.html
>
> The remote control appears different from the standard Microsoft remote
> control:
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=0
> 65
>
> From what I can see the layout of the keys are different.
>
> If anyone has purchased the MCE Kit with the Hauppauge's can you confirm:
> Are there different versions of the remotes?
> Is this an older version of the remote that is included with the MCE Kit?
> Or is the picture simply old and a newer version of the remote is part of
> the MCE kit packaging?
> If you have the MCE Kit remote, are you happy with it?
>
> I am just trying to figure out if I can buy the kit and I should get them
> separately.
>
> TIA.
> Dave

The Hauppauge remote you link to is the newer version - the old one had 4
coloured keys on it. The new one is better and has more keys on it than
the old or the MS one.

I've been using mine for about 16 months - its excellent as the extra keys
can be mapped to jump points to go directly to Gallery, LiveTV,
RecordedTV, DVD, Music, Guide etc as well as having keys for skip, fast
forward/reverse, stop/pause/play and all the usual navigation keys.

Definitely wins in the WAF department.

--
Robin Gilks