[mythtv-users] Mult-system design

Björn Lundin b.f.lundin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:36:14 UTC 2006

26 okt 2006 kl. 19.20 skrev Rich West:

> Goal:
> To have multiple MythTV systems (2, maybe three), one for each
> television, with each system having access to the same store of
> recordings.

I have 1 backend, with mythbackend/mysql/xmltv on it,
accessed byt two frontends. They have access to the recorded shows,
from (I guess) frontend - backend protocol

The videos, as in mythvideo, are stored on yet another server.
both frontends (one linux and one osx) have access to those videos
via samba.
They mount the drives differently, but have the same symlinks, in
order to
make it work. The backend does not have to see the videos.

> So.. here's my question: what is the best way to get to the goal?  I
> realize that only one system should be updating the guide data
> (mythfilldatabase).

The backend, in a cronjob (/etc/cron.daily)

Now, consider me a myth newbie, but it was fairly simple to get going.
The hard part was making it work on a single machine. Splitting the
front/backend were easy

/Björn