[mythtv-users] MythWeb can't serve my recordings

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Oct 26 01:56:00 UTC 2006

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> No sorry, my recordings are in /home/mythtv/video/recordings. I'm the only
> user of the machine and it is still more experimental than production (I'm
> learning). /var/www/html/mythweb/recordings does point
> to /home/mythtv/video/recordings. Perhaps I should be running mythbackend
> as the mythtv user?

This has nothing to do with mythbackend, and (probably) everything to do
with what I said about apache not being able to read your recordings
directory (whether be it root or "mythtv" that owns the directory tree).

Run this:

    chmod 755 /home/mythtv/
    chmod 755 /home/mythtv/video/
    chmod 755 /home/mythtv/video/recordings/

-Chris