[mythtv-users] Google ate my recordings

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 18:22:47 UTC 2006

On 10/24/06, Glenn Chubak <glenn at saskatoon.com> wrote:

> I would have thought that mythweb "Are you sure?" dialogs would have
> stopped
> the googlebot but it doesn't seem so.  If anyone is interested I can post
> the
> access logs from apache.

Those dialogs only happen if the browser is Javascript enabled.  Needless to
say, the robots don't execute the Javascript code. For the future, you'll
probably want to password-protect MythWeb.  It's also a good idea to put a
robots.txt file at the top level of your web server's document tree.  For
details, look here: http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/robots.html

Finally, I strongly recommend not having your MythWeb installation exposed
directly to the Internet.  That invites all kinds of trouble.

Carl Fongheiser