[mythtv-users] Mythmusic freezes all the time

MLT mstruscott at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 24 12:55:42 UTC 2006

Thanks for the replies.

Lee Koloszyc wrote:

If you have the visualizations activated I would try disabling them
first and see if it still crashes.  Mine used to crash all the time
until I turned them off (even  if they were just playing preview style
on the main screen).  I sure it was a specific one but I didn't bother
to trouble shoot.

I've just tried that and it still doesn't want to work.

William Munson and Gabe Rubin wrote:

> It would be helpful if we had a bit more detail. What distro? Soundcard?
.> What output? Standard rca jacks or are you outputting to spdif, etc....
.> Are you compiling myth yourself or running a prepackaged release?

Also, where is the music located?

The machine is running kubuntu 6.06 (dapper) and the packages are from a repositiory run by "super mario" I think, and should be very similar to the official edgy .debs and the debian ones on which they are based.

The hard ware is an Asus motherboard with intergrated nvidia sound - which is using a stereo mini-jack into the TV.  This works fine for all other applications that need sound so far.

The Music is in a  seperate partition on the same disc.

Mythmusic can see the music and will allow me to build playlists, etc.  What happens is that you press play, the pause sign goes yellow and the whole app freezes-no sound is produced.  It then needs to be closed externally and the frontend restarted.

I had thought codec problems - which ones does it use for mp3 just in case I've missed something?

Cheers,

Michael