[mythtv-users] How the heck do I pick a power supply???

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Mon Oct 23 19:22:05 UTC 2006

> I've had great luck with the Antec TruePower line, they're not the
> quitest, but they are pretty darn quiet. The Seasonics are great too,
> though a bit pricier, they do seem to make less noise which would make
> them good for frontends.

Hmm,

I have had the Antec Truepower in our main server replaced
3 times during the last year. Twice because the 5V line slowly dropped
under 4.75V and the third time he supply failed completely.
The supply is quiet all right, but it doesn't seem to be able to do
24x7 operation.

I now use it in a spare machine which is seldom used.

Best luck
Dag