[mythtv-users] How the heck do I pick a power supply???

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Oct 23 19:33:06 UTC 2006

Dag Nygren wrote:
> I have had the Antec Truepower in our main server replaced
> 3 times during the last year. Twice because the 5V line slowly dropped
> under 4.75V and the third time he supply failed completely.
> The supply is quiet all right, but it doesn't seem to be able to do
> 24x7 operation.
> SPAM:453d1665326431537123583!

I've had good luck with Enlight; I still have a server which was built
in 1994 or so (IIRC PII-333 SMP or something, state of the art back
then) and it's been running 24-7 since then.  I could be off by a year
or two but that server is *old*.  Still running a 2.2.something kernel, too.

You get what you pay for, and Enlight is some of the best.

--Yan