[mythtv-users] WinTV-Go card keeps resetting to mono

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Wed Oct 18 13:14:42 UTC 2006

Michael Lynch wrote:
> On 10/17/06, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:
>> I have set my WinTV-Go card, using the bt878 driver, to use stereo sound
>> with v4lctl.  It seems that any time the channel is changed, it gets
>> reset to mono and sounds terrible.  There are also a few other settings
>> I have in /etc/rc.local that seem to get reset every time the channel is
>> changed.  Is this normal?  If not, what could cause this?  If so, is
>> there any workaround to prevent this from happening?  It's really
>> annoying, because the recordings that use mono sound TERRIBLE compared
>> to stereo (and it's not just the typical stereo vs mono, it's
>> muffled-sounding and quieter than normal).
>>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-Go#Mono_Capture

yeah, that's already done:

[glandix at smeg ~]$ rpm -q alsa-lib
alsa-lib-1.0.13-32.fc5.at.x86_64

[glandix at smeg ~]$ rpm -q alsa-lib-devel
alsa-lib-devel-1.0.13-32.fc5.at.x86_64

i am able to capture in stereo if i use:

v4lctl setattr "audio mode" stereo

the problem is, whenever the channel is changed, it's reset back to the
default of mono

-g-

--
If Bush is Christian, I'm switching religions!
Habeas corpus, R.I.P. (1215-2006) .. Thanks for nothing, Bush! :(