[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and QAM

Joshua M Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Wed Oct 18 04:11:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 22:44 -0500, Dwayne B. wrote:
> On 21:04 Tue 17 Oct     , Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> > The frontend shows a channel banner for 80#0 with no video content, this
> > fades out and error message comes up as "Error was encountered when
> > displaying video", with the only option to go back to the main menu.
>
> It seems that you may be running into the problem that is described in
> this ticket: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2541  I gather from your
> original post that your running .20 fixes, what revision are you
> running? If you compile from source you may want to grab the latest code
> and recompile, as the segfault I reported in that ticket has been
> fixed; and also the hdhomerun recorder component has been updated to
> handle raw MPEG channels (as it seems your trying to tune).

This patc in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2579 will also probably
be necessary for the moment, even with svn trunk. Otherwise the playback
code won't recognize OpenCable video streams, which at least for my
Comcast cable in Detroit covers every channel that is not native ATSC.
The streams are recorded correctly (including the video stream) but the
playback code can't find the video stream so it can't play back the
recording.

--
Joshua M Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>