[mythtv-users] MythFrontend not working

Silly Dude hambonehambone at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:08:03 UTC 2006

For the LiveTV problem, does it work on a frontend local to the backend?
It runs fine on the backend machine, but I cant connect to it from my
internal network either (2 other machines in my house on the same LAN) I CAN
however get to MythWeb and get a machine status and all that. When I got to
StreamTV I get a list of my videos and all the buttons, etc. So it must be
connecting to the database...

Have you tried running mythfrontend from the command line to see what sort
of errors it spouts when it can't view live tv?
It says connection timed out.

 Does recorded tv work?
I guess this ties in with my comment above. I can see my recorded videos but
I cant stream them.

Paul