[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase autorun config file location error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 13 19:05:31 UTC 2006

On 10/13/06 09:56, Neil Sedger wrote:

>The auto-run of mythfilldatabase errors with:
>
>  config file //.mythtv/antennae.xmltv does not exist
>

>It is being run as root (as mythbackend runs as root and the logfile is created by root), the file /root/.mythtv/antennae.xmltv exists - why is it looking for such an odd filename?
>

>I know I can fix by manually setting the xmltv parameters in setup, but if this happened for me then maybe it could happen for others... Is it a bug?

Because the environment from which this is being run doesn't have a HOME
environment variable defined.  You need to run this from the user that
will run mythbackend /and/ you need to ensure you've set an appropriate
value for HOME.  I.e. in the script that starts mythbackend, use:

export HOME=/home/mythtv

or something as appropriate.

Mike