[mythtv-users] configuring HDHomerun channels

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Oct 13 02:19:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 19:58 -0500, Dwayne B. wrote:

> You seem to be running into the same issue that I'm having with the
> hdhomerun.  I also get an immediate segfault when mythbackend attempts a
> qam256 record from the device.  I filed a ticket:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2541

Oh, hell. After 8 months of frustration trying to get an HD3000 card to
work and trying to get firewire to the DCT-6200 box to work, I really hoped HDHomerun would
be the answer. I think my system is cursed; it will never do HD. The sad thing is,
when I did manage to get a few snippets captured over firewire one time,
they play back quite well in Myth, so if I can ever get any kind of HD capture
device to work, I'll be in good shape.

OK, enough venting. Thanks for telling me this in any case, so I can stop
beating my head against the wall now. I suppose there is still some hope that
the HDHomerun developers will eventually find this problem.

Devs: if there is anything I can do to help (supply logs, try new firmware, etc.)
I will do it.

> 8vsb recording

What is 8vsb? Is that OTA?

> once this issue is sorted out you will have
> to edit them using the live tv editor:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Channel_Editor

I was afraid of that, but it will be worth it if I get that far.

--Greg