[mythtv-users] EPG favorites toggle versus jump to channel

stan stanlist at cox.net
Wed Oct 11 01:54:55 UTC 2006

	From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Ron Garrison
	Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 9:21 PM
	To: Discussion about mythtv
	Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] EPG favorites toggle versus jump to
channel

	On 10/9/06, stan <stanlist at cox.net> wrote:

		If you look at the key bindings through MythWeb you'll see
that the current
		default for favorite channel toggle while viewing the EPG is
"?".  Also, the
		default key binding to toggle "view all channels" / "view
favorite channels"
		in the EPG is "/". (Not a "4".)

		So, all you need to do is use your keyboard when you want to
configure a
		particular favorite channel with the "?" key, and assign a
remote control
		button to generate the "/" key to toggle viewing all
channels or favorite
		channels.

	And a slight bit off topic, but I assigned the  "view all channels"
/ "view favorite channels" to the same key that brings up the guide in the
first place.  This way I can bring up the guide and press the same key again
to toggle to favorites (one less key assignment on the remote control).  May
not be for everyone, but it works for me.

	Ron
Ron,

That's ingenious, but how do you do it.  My "guide" remote button currently
isn't wired to anything. The docs say "M" will jump to the EPG, but that
currently doesn't work from my keyboard.  Also, MythWeb shows nothing in any
of the jump key fields.

The docs say "M" will tune to a channel if entered while viewing the EPG.

Do you wire the guide remote button to "/", and then set "/" to jump to the
EPG, and leave "/" as the favorites/all toggle while viewing the EPG?  The
blurb on the MythWeb screen says a jump point key will override it's other
uses.

So how do you do it?  What key(s) do you have the "guide" button generate,
and what definitions do you have for the EPG jump point and favorites/all
toggle?

--stan