[mythtv-users] Trouble with nvidia

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 14:34:43 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, Josh Fallon <thegeek at thegeek.com> wrote:

>  Hey Guys,
>
>             I have been using Myth .19 for a while now, and when .20 came
> out I went to start fresh with a clean fedora install.  Previously I was
> using the Mythdora package, but that caused some problems during the
> install.  I started following the directions from:
>

> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php (Fedora Myth(TV)ology:)
>

> Everything was working great after the initial steps, but immediately
> after installing the ivtv packages with yum, X11 would no longer start up.
> I tested this a couple times to make sure I wasn't doing anything too
> foolish, and I got with the same results.  Any suggestions at all would be
> great.  I have no idea where to start.  Errors are that the glx module
> doesn't load, however, this hasn't changed from before I installed ivtv.
> The offending lines are:
>

> dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so: undefined
> symbol: _nv001205gl
>
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
>
> (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)
>

> Thanks for any help.
>
> --TheGeek

I doubt that ivtv is the culprit. From my understanding it gives you video
entries but it doesn't have anything to do with the xwindows system. Have
you tried rolling back to the preloaded nvidia drivers and seeing if you can
get it going with that. You might also reinstall the nvidia binary and see
if it will fix itself. Your xorg.conf file and what driver you are using
might help.

Allan