[mythtv-users] Newb frustration with LIRC, IR Blasters, etc.

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 00:20:25 UTC 2006

On 04/10/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Installation and setup according to the guides proceeds with no error
> messages (this is after a fresh install of myth following Jarod's guide).
> When I attempt to manipulate the set-top box using the following,
>
> irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE DCT2000 012

Why are you specifying /dev/lircd1 ...

> lircd (pid 2134) is running...
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Oct  3 19:22 /dev/lircd

... when you have /dev/lircd here?

Also, ckeck (you probably already have) that your /etc/lircd.conf file
contains a remote definition called DCT2000 and a button named "012".

> dmesg says:
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
> lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0

That look good, you're almost there...

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/