[mythtv-users] Newb frustration with LIRC, IR Blasters, etc.

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Oct 3 11:40:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 04:05:54AM -0700, Pete Cap wrote:
> This is quite right.  None of the guides I have found begin with
> "Having installed everything the easy way from ATRPMs..."

you are really very new around here :)
Let me introduce you to "Jarod's guide":

    http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

> So...what exactly are the kernel sources if not a package?  Where do
> I get them, where do I put them, etc.?

At some time in the past RH decided not to ship the source in a
non-src.rpm package. The sources are available from the src.rpm, it's
a bit more involved, but you get them (but unconfigured). It should be
mentioned in the README/RELEASE-NOTES of Fedora Core somehwere.

> And do I understand that having installed LIRC using YUM that I
> don't need to set them up?

Yes, that's the idea. Get the packages from ATrpms (look at Jarod's
guide on how to set this all up) and then just configure lirc, no need
to build it.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net