[mythtv-users] Multiple channels single tuner: a kludgey solution?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Nov 30 21:53:15 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Ashley Bostock wrote:
>    I thought the using multiple channels on a mux was the easy part.  Just
>    integrating it all with the scheduler which is the hard part, something
>    your solution doesn't really help with.

The using multiple channels is the easy part, but the problem with
integration is that the scheduler considers each tuner as capable of
only recording a single stream.  This solution makes every channel on
these muxes appear to be a separate "tuner".

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

"Dans ce pays ci, c'est bon, de temps en temps, de tuer
 un amiral pour encourager les autres"
- Voltaire