[mythtv-users] Where can I find the shared folder of UPnP?

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:16:45 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, Liu, M. <M.Liu at tue.nl> wrote:

>  I want to access mythtv using another pc as a renderer, but I don't know
> where I should put the files to test if it is working. Could anyone please
> tell me what's the normal path? Or which command should I use to get the
> path?
>
> I am also wondering if I use pgrep command, I can get a id number for
> upnp, but I got nothing. Does it mean the upnp is not working? The strange
> thing is that I can see the mythtv as a upnp server from another pc.
>
> Looking forward to your reply.  Thank you.

What version of Linux are you running? You can find out where you path is by
starting a frontend and then going in to setup and checking the menu. Each
section has it's own location it can store data. I think on my Ubuntu system
it defaults to /usr/share/mythtv/sectionname . You have to setup MythTV
before you can effectively use it as a upnp server then it should work
automatically.

Allan