[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 29 22:03:37 UTC 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:58 PM, devsk wrote:

> > My apologies to all. Especially to all the noobies that won't
> RTFM. I will still try to help you.
>
> WTF does that mean? I did RTFM. I read user guide and all the FAQs.
> Read my original mail, where I mention that this subject is
> discussed in the faq. I am asking for a feature which can be done
> (and with storage groups, it might have already been done, but the
> person didn't mention if it was coming out in 0.21) in mythtv.
>
> I know I can have as many cards as my PCI slots allow and as many
> as my USB ports. That's possibly thousands of them. Is that sane?
> In your world it is. In my world it is not.
>
> I know what I can buy on ebay. And I do play with computers too.
> So, if you don't have anything further to add than to tell me to
> buy stuff and use xawtv, then shut up.

What makes you think he was talking about you? You're complaining
about people being rude and you tell someone to shut up? In your
world is IS sane to add 1 extra capture card as suggested. Now you
have been given MANY options for overcoming your limitation. Increase
your decidedly TINY hard drive capacity, add a different capture
card, wait for the next version and trick Myth into recording to RAM
(and likely add more RAM). We've all tried to help. Now you can shut up.