[mythtv-users] Trying to get ittv and bttv cards working together.

DrTodd13 at comcast.net DrTodd13 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 29 19:43:49 UTC 2006

I have a working setup with an ittv (Hauppauge 350) tuner card connected to /dev/video0.
I have another tuner card which is an ATI TV Wonder VE which is supported via the bttv
driver.  When I tried to install the ATI card, it appears that the OS automatically recognized
it (unlike the ittv card) and installed the driver for it.  At this point, I wanted to confirm that
mythtv still worked and it didn't.  It seems that the bttv card got installed as /dev/video0 and
the ittv card was moved to /dev/video1.  I tried the "using both ittv and bttv" section from
Jarod's page and then realized maybe I needed to switch the 0 and 1 lines since OS
decided to put bttv as video0 but still no luck.  Mythtvsetup says something like "Card 0...failed..."
when I try to exit the program.

I wasn't able to tune anything via xawtv with the bttv card either.  All I get is static.  Any
suggestions?

thanks,

Todd