[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung tuners

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Nov 29 19:18:45 UTC 2006

Ed Gatzke wrote:
> I see a recent (11/19) release of new IVTV drivers.  Anyone try these
> with a recent PVR 500 card?

Not only was channel 45 still subject to unwatchable interference, there also
seemed to be more noise in some other nearby channels.  Around here, channel 45
is SciFi, 43 is the History Channel, and 42 is Food Network.  With 0.8.x,
interference is about the same on 45 as it was with 0.7.x, and interference on
43 & 42 is worse.  One of those channels unwatchable is bad enough, but all
three of them going to pot is a real pisser.

I ended up replacing the PVR-500 this past weekend with a PVR-350 that had been
sitting idle.  All analog channels are once again as clear as a bell.  The only
scheduling conflicts have been with some talking-head shows on Fox News that
don't get recorded as frequently now.  I could add a PVR-250 or -150, but I've
had glitches (PCI bus contention?) from having two tuner cards in one machine
that didn't occur with the PVR-500.

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter