[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung tuners

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Mon Nov 27 21:42:48 UTC 2006

I am using Ubuntu Edgy, with the new Samsung tuners in the pvr-500.
It was unusable with the 2.6.17 kernel.
For some reason I was unable to compile the 2.6.17 kernel, so I could not
add the samsung-patch to tuner_types.c.

My last resort was to move to the 2.6.18-1 kernel, which has solved all my
pvr-500 issues.  All channels on both tuners (plus audio) is great.

Though, I cannot yet get lirc_i2c working with the 0.8.1 pre release of
lirc.
[   57.969608] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
[   57.975562] lirc_i2c: no version for "lirc_unregister_plugin" found:
kernel tainted.

No luck on the ivtv mailing list yet either.  They had seen this with the
2.6.17 kernel and one user had suggested a makefile update and a workaround,
but they did not work for me with the 2.6.18 kernel.

If you do get it running, could you let me know what you did.

HTH,
Dave