[mythtv-users] MythTv DVB Dropping vasts amounts of frames!

Justin Delpero jdelpero at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 29 11:38:11 UTC 2006

Hey guys I’m an Aussie Myth Newbie and have my system running almost perfect
except for one major problem!! Live TV is running at around 3fps (YUP NOT
COOL)

Setup is:

Fresh install of Fedora Core 5 fully up to date

Latest gdm, Myth, mplayer, lircd, xine

Fusion DVB-T Plus w MCE Remote

Nforce2 Abit NF7-S Mainboard

AMD 2800+

1Gb ddr400 Ram

Nvidia Ti4200

Remote, mplayer, xine etc are all working perfectly, actually better than
perfect! I love the system. My question is how come if all video is good,
live TV is stuffed? With tzap I get a lock on channels almost instantly and
in dreaded MCE the card runs a treat (ie signal is good)

Has anyone got the dvbstream-0.6 release that I can compile as the main
website linuxstb.org is non existent and by the looks of it there is no
rpm’s for fedora. That way I can stream direct to mplayer and test whether
the problem is at card level or in MythTv itself.

I’m hoping someone has had a similar experience…

Note: anti aliasing is off as it is running tv out to a 51cm Tele running at
1024x768.

Thanks for any assistance,

Justin

3:22 PM