[mythtv-users] PVR150 strange colour behaviour - please help

Chaz Hickman chaz at chazandcath.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 11:19:54 UTC 2006

My apologies if this would be better addressed on the IVTV lists, but I
thought I'd ask you helpful lot here.

I've just had to replace my trusty but now malfuctioning PVR250 with a
new PVR150. Although it was recognized and works well, I immediately had
a number of issues with colour saturation that I now understand are not
uncommon. I've updated ivtv to v4.4 which includes a fix for saturation
issues with that card and things have improved a lot. Note that I'm not
on 4.7 as I was getting some problems with the ivtv driver failing to
respond a few times with that version.

The remaining problem is a good one though. If i tune to one particular
channel (BBC2, channel 23) after about a minute of watching, all the
colour goes and we're left watching in black and white. From that point
on a number of other channels (specifically BBC1 and ITV, channels 21
and 25) will also now appear in black and white, until I tune to any of
the remaining channels which will appear in colour, and apparently reset
the saturation of all the troublesome channels. Going back to BBC2 will
repeat the same problems.

This only happens with that one channel, and happens repeatedly and
reliably.

I'm stumped as to what might be causing this. Can anyone help out?